Types of Acne Scarring
- Macular scarring – flat areas of altered pigmentation caused by acne with no associated indentations or elevations in the skin
- Boxcar scars – superficial punched out areas that have sharp vertical edges on cross section, and can be round or oval in shape
- Rolling scars – undulations in the skin often caused by tethering of the skin to underlying structures
- Deep divots – very deep scars that involve loss of subcutaneous tissue volume
- Ice-pick scars – small but deep depressions in the skin
- Hypertrophic scarring- the affected area is elevated
How is Acne Scarring Treated?
Fractional Carbon Dioxide Laser Resurfacing
Pastelle Q Switched Laser
Fractionated Radiofrequency Microneedling
At Western Dermatology, our expert team of nurses and dermal therapists, led by our dermatologist, Dr. Jack Green, are committed to ensuring that skin concerns are dealt with to your satisfaction. We have many years of experience in the management of a wide range of skin problems of all ages and all skin types. With a long established reputation for high standards and ethical practice, we can provide you with an accurate assessment and treatment plan appropriate for your skin needs.