Anti-wrinkle injections at Western Dermatology is a non-surgical procedure that is safe and effective to temporarily smooth moderate to severe lines and wrinkles. When injected into targeted facial muscles, wrinkle-causing muscles are relaxed to reduce visible lines to create a younger, softer, and natural-looking appearance.
What are Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
As a cosmetic procedure, anti-wrinkle injections has, for many years, been used to treat fine lines and wrinkles.
The most commonly treated areas for Anti-Wrinkle Injections are
- Frown lines or number 11 lines
- Forehead lines
- Smile lines or crow’s feet
- Bunny lines or smile lines
- Platysmal bands (Neck bands)
- Jaw line slimming
- Hyperhidrosis or excess sweating
How long do Anti-Wrinkle injections last?
Studies have shown that anti-wrinkle injections are more effective and last longer when given at regular intervals of 3-4 months.
If at any time, you decide to stop the Anti-wrinkle injection, the muscles will return to normal.
The appearance of the wrinkle returns to its previous state, and does not become worse.
Are there any side effects from having Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
Side effects of Anti-Wrinkle injects include:
- bruising may appear over the injected area
- redness and swelling may occur and usually reduces within an hour
Other possible but unlikely adverse outcomes include:
- failure to cause a significant change in the wrinkles
- puffy eyes
- drooping mouth corner
- drooping of the eyelid